We believe that a holistic approach to researching FMCG brands provides more success for our clients. Our expertise in innovation, renovation, brand & comms and shopper research enables you to fully understand your consumers and shoppers at every point in the planning, ideation, development, launch and post-launch tracking cycle.
We constantly strive to adopt the very latest thinking, methodologies and technology to help successfully launch products and track brands’ performance in-market. In particular, we are leading the way in the adoption of behavioural economics and emotional techniques. In particular:
- We evaluate propositions in a competitive context to simulate real life decision making.Applying Behavioural Economics to Online Research
- We apply “system 1” subconscious approaches to identify what consumers really believe.
- We utilise implicit comparative techniques to avoid spurious reactions to price.
- We evaluate products in actual consumption occasions.
- We model sales to maximise the opportunity for brand, category and retailer growth.
- We use 3D CGI online technology to simulate packaging stand-out, design and functionality.
- We improve brand equity by understanding who the brand connectors are and what the emotional drivers are.
Recent examples of our work include:
- Supported the launch of a new drink into the fast growing breakfast on-the-go category, using a combination of implicit and traditional research methods.
- Consulted as a ‘one-stop-shop’ for ideation, concept evaluation, packaging, product benchmarking and full mix sales forecasting for the brand stretch of a leading soft drinks brand.
- Evaluated innovative laundry products in developing markets, using hybrid online-f2f research approaches and new technologies.
- Developed a strategic pricing market model for a leading global household brand, using volumetric choice based modelling and implicit price techniques.
- Used mobile ethnographic technology to understand consumers’ and shoppers’ behaviour in the long alcoholic drinks category.
- Repositioned the parent brand of a leading lager followed by extending the brand into flavoured beers and cider.
- Enabled pan-European Food brands to retain market leadership via a Best-in-Class product tracking programme.
- Identified the most motivating beverage can functional benefits by using 3D CGI movies.